Our story

Irish field with grass fed dairy cows grazing in the foreground

Our heritage

Farming on Ireland’s luscious, green pasturelands dates back thousands of years. Of course, our history doesn't go back quite that far but Glanbia has emerged from its deep Co-Operative roots through a series of amalgamations and mergers to become Ireland’s largest dairy ingredients and plant-based company.

Young child pouring milk into a bowl from a glass bottle

From strength to strength

Many of our family farms have been passed down through generations, a tradition that allows us to stay true to our roots and draw on invaluable expertise. Our business continues to evolve to bring the passion of our farmers to the world. Using state-of-the-art technology, and applying the best processes to our milk and grains, we export our highly innovative products and tailored ingredients solutions to more than 100 countries. A team of over 2,000 people manage our network of 11 processing plants, international sales offices in the US, China and Dubai, and 52 agri branches, to deliver annual revenues of almost €2 billion.

Glanbia Ireland sign at the ploughing championships

Creation of Glanbia Ireland

July 2017 saw the establishment of Glanbia Ireland, which now combines Glanbia Ireland Ingredients, Glanbia Consumer Foods and Glanbia Agribusiness.

Glanbia Ireland Ingredients was created in 2012. The lifting of EU milk quotas in 2015 represented the first opportunity for expansion in the Irish dairy industry in 30 years and gave Glanbia the opportunity to create its now successful ingredients business. Under the ownership model, Glanbia Co-op owns 60% while the remaining 40% is owned by Glanbia plc.

To find out more about our story, click here

Work with Us

Interested in working with Ireland's biggest dairy processor?